Saturday, September 20, 2014

Alaska-Themed Bridal Shower

When my mom got engaged, I wanted her to have a bridal shower, especially since she didn't have one the first go-round. I wanted her to have a good time and be able to attend a party where her family and friends could celebrate her.

Initially, the plan was to have someone come to the house and do a mani-pedi spa day with mimosas, but availability was extremely limited, so the theme had to change. Instead, the theme became a little more closely related to something that was happening after the wedding - the honeymoon! My mom and her husband-to-be were going to Alaska for their honeymoon, so that became the theme.





I used plaid material for a table runner and gave some excess to have a customized princess hat made for the bride-to-be. I also commissioned a tree painting to be made with my mom and her fiance's names on it with their wedding date. All of the family and friends that attended dipped their thumbs in green paint to help create the "leaves" on the piece.

Living in Missouri, it can be difficult to procure specialized food and alcohol. I spent a few hours calling around to different liquor stores trying to find Alaskan beer or wine. I had to make alternate plans, but that could have been a little detail to help enhance the overall theme of the event.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These arrangements in the Alaska themed bridal shower look superb. Even I need some good suggestions for the funky themes for my cousin’s bridal shower. She loves colors and all things funny. Having a thought on booking one of the outdoor LA event venues for this bash and I hope to find some suitable party theme ideas too.

    ReplyDelete